Budget and Administration
is responsible for the general administration of the department, and managing the process to develop and manage the City's budget.
The City of Ellensburg’s budget serves as a policy document, an operations guide, a financial plan, and a communications device.
The budget document is divided into several categories:
- Introduction/Budget Message outlines the general issues addressed in the budget and highlights any significant changes to projected revenues and expenditures.
- Overview provides the history of the City, government set-up, mission and purpose of the government, list of officers, council members, description of the budget process, and outline of major funds.
- Budget Summary section gives the summary of the city’s budget without detail of any particular fund or department. Budget by Fund/Function breaks the City's budget down by fund.
- Budget by Department groups the budget information by the departments within the city.
- Capital Projects lists those prioritized projects approved for funding.
- Statistical section is devoted to statistical analysis of the City of Ellensburg operations.